Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Haikus

Tonight, I performed on "Haiku...a comedy show" at Jelloato in the East Village (for more information on the show click here). Each comic had to include at least one haiku in their set, but I decided to challenge myself and write an entire 10 minute set in which every joke either ended with a haiku or was a haiku itself. (I even re-wrote the "baby trick" I close most sets with to include several haikus.)

Here are a few of the haikus I wrote for the show:


AWKWARD CONVERSATION WITH MOM
(Adapted from a joke I regularly do in my act)

"I hooked up with my
girlfriends." "But that means make-out."
"I thought it meant 'fuck.'"



MICHAEL JACKSON AND BILLY MAYS TEAM UP IN HEAVEN

Jacko, Billy Mays:
"Oxiclean: when it matters
if it's black or white."



BREVITY

"Brevity is the
soul of wit," Shakespeare wrote, but
He'd still hate Twitter.



META HAIKU

Suppose the last line
Had six syllables, not five.
Would you notice it?

No comments: